This has been in the works for some time, but we are finally announcing a major change in the consulting wing of Intrinsic Algorithm. Until recently, IA consulting consisted only of Dave Mark. About the time of GDC and the AI Summit, however, a number of AI programmers got together and decided that there was serious merit in joining forces to provide a combined service.
At this time, IA Consulting includes three very experienced, full-time individuals and two “advisory” consultants. More detail on what those roles entail can be found on the IA Consulting page.
Because we are in a transition period, some of these individuals are still with their companies. That is why we aren’t naming names just yet. As these people transition out of their jobs to work full time for IA consulting, we will announce who they are. Here is a summary of what the IA consultants bring to the table, however.
3 x Full Time Consultants
- 8 shipped titles – including numerous AAA titles – 5 of which were in the position of only or lead AI programmer
- 1 book – Dave Mark’s 2009 release, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
- 11 articles or papers on game AI in Game Programming Gems, AI Game Programming Wisdom, and elsewhere.
- 15 lectures on game AI at conferences such as GDC and AIIDE
- 6 years as a formal game AI instructor
2 x Advisory Consultants
- 11 shipped titles – including a number of well-respected AAA titles – as an AI programmer
- 15 articles or papers on game AI in Game Programming Gems, AI Game Programming Wisdom, and elsewhere.
- 13 lectures on game AI at conferences such as GDC and AIIDE
For more information on who we are, what we believe in, and how we work, please check out the consulting page. After all, doesn’t everyone need help with the intrinsic algorithms in their game?